Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Feminine Fragrances


There was a time not so long ago when pink was considered a boy's color. Pink, being a form of red, was considered too strong a color for girls. Prior to the 1940's, girls wore blue, a sober, more proper color according to the people of that time. Color perception changes with the times as scent perception does.

I don't necessarily believe that scents are gender-specific yet I am one who loves "feminine" scents. Why do I see them as such? Probably because I want to. Am I a hypocrite? Perhaps, but I wear unisex scents, too, and I don't care if I share my feminine favorites with guys. I also love to smell what I perceive as a manly scent on a man sometimes so it depends. What are your thoughts? Some of my current favorites are Creed Spring Flower, Pilar & Lucy To Twirl All Girly, Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur, Sisley Eau du Soir and L'Artisan Parfumeur La Chasse aux Papillons.

Pictured: Pilar & Lucy To Twirl All Girly (toutie.com)