Sunday, March 05, 2006

Fragrance of the Moment: L'Aromarine Cola

Thank you, Katiedid! My perfumista pal sent me a spray sample of this scent and I'm loving it! This is a modern, effervescent eau de cologne type with noticeable citrus top notes, very reminiscent to me of Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien or Les Nuits d'Hadrien because of the subtle spice and some anchoring base. I'd expected it to be sweeter, perhaps more caramelly, but it's actually very light, more like Sprite-Cola after the initial spritz. I'm just now testing it and it'll be awhile before the final dry down but I'm sensing musk in the base and maybe a bit of sandalwood or satinwood (reminds me of 212). If you want a slightly musky, slightly sporty, airy non-floral, this is a spunky-fresh everyday/ warm weather scent for anyone.