Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fragrance of the Moment: Dolce & Gabbana Sicily

My fragrance is Sicily by Dolce & Gabbana and I wonder if you're a fan of anything Italian as I am. One thing I love about Italian culture is--you know it--the food. I also loved singing in an Italian band in which I used to sing Mina and Giorgia songs. So on this beautiful day, I'm going for a promenade...maybe pick up some black olive bread and, as the Sicilians and Calabrians say it around here, fresh "mozzarel".

Sicily (2003)
The sensuality and heat of the Mediterranean vibrate in unison with notes of Sicilian bergamots, honeysuckle, jasmine, black pearl rose, hibiscus and musk. Inviting as a whisper, as bold as a mouth poised for a kiss, as subtle as intuition.

According to Michael Edwards: Sicily (2003) Classical Floral Oriental
Top: Bergamot, Honeysuckle
Heart: Hibiscus, Jasmine, Black Pearl Rose
Base: Sandalwood, Musk, Heliotrope

Jan Moran's notes are pretty much the same. You could read her description of Sicily here. I thought it was in her book Fabulous Fragrances II but it turned out the book came out in 2000.