Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Matter of Taste or Spatial Intelligence?

I've come to realize something about myself and that is that I appreciate things that have a certain level of complexity whether they are scent compositions or musical compositions. Therefore, when I receive reviews on my music saying that the listener couldn't keep focus on certain musical parts because too much was going on, it makes me think these listeners lack in spatial intelligence. That might be a harsh assessment but since I have no trouble following intricacy in music, I conversely can't fathom how one would find pleasure in listening to anything that didn't challenge the ear in some way. Of course, it could simply be a matter of taste, or even just that the listener isn't a very skilled musician. I wonder if these people get headaches from listening to Bach Fugues which I happen to love to listen to as well as play.

For more information about Visual-Spatial Intelligence, please visit this site and its sister site, www.visualspatial.org.