Monday, April 24, 2006

"Still Dating", Comfort Skin Scent, Flavors from Texas!

I'm in the process of elimination in trying to find my signature scent for spring. I'm "still dating" because no commitment's been made to any one of my recent loves (even though a perfume commitment is one I can break at any time). Well, Serge Lutens Un Lys is beautiful--ask anyone and they'd almost all agree--but I've decided that I'm not a straight lily soliflore type after all and I could probably be happy with a small decant instead of a whole bottle. I prefer Chantecaille Frangipane which is still a tad quiet for me but a very lovely and slightly more abstract blend of fruits, flowers and sweet notes, so I'm down to three choices: the other two are Serge Lutens Gris Clair and Le Labo Jasmin 17, respectively.

Meanwhile, I'm actually wearing my own new blend today because I looked outside this A.M and saw the most comforting, softly misty warm sunny day beckoning outside my door (just after the rain) and it somehow reminded me of this scent, not that such a vision was the direct inspiration when I created it but in a way it indirectly was. Sorry to be so cryptic again. Just to give you another clue, this one is a warm scent, not a cool one, but it's also a modern composition using a high percentage of natural ingredients which are getting harder to find. I think lovers of soft, slightly sweet but tempered skin scents in the Chantecaille Frangipane vein will probably like this one (except my blend is not a tropical floral this time). Please stay tuned for updates!

The highlight of my day has been an enormous surprise package from Sand, a lovely and talented blogger-perfbuddy of mine who sent special Mexican treats, games, toys and regional goodies from her hometown in Texas. I'm floored by her random act of kindness. I believe I'm going to attempt at cooking something tonight (ha!)--how wrong can one go with this amazingly rich and spicy-smelling salsa sauce? It's funny--I'm not a huge spicy perfume lover but when it comes to food, I absolutely love spice! For dessert there's cajeta and Mexican hot chocolate. Oh, gosh, does life get better than this?

Happy Spring! If it's winter where you are, do enjoy your warmest and most comforting foods and perfumes! ;-)