Saturday, May 13, 2006

Cartier Rocks

No, I'm not talking about their jewellery--I'm talking about how they actually sent me a sample of their new Délices fragrance after I filled out their online request form awhile back. Not only is it a real sample filled with actual fragrance (unlike how some places only give out sprayed ribbons--exactly how do we try that on our skin?), the sample is in a GLASS vial, not plastic. There aren't too many companies that still shell out for the lovely and classy, beautiful glass vials; maybe Chanel still does--I don't know--but I am so throughly a Cartier fan as of this moment.

Délices de Cartier (2006)

Top: Sicilian bergamot, iced cherry, pink pepper
Heart: Jasmine, violet, freesia
Base: White sandalwood, amber, tonka bean

The perfume inside the glass vial is as delicious-smelling as its name and concept. It's warm, sweet, floral-ambery-woody and musky. It reminds me of Guerlain Attrape-Coeur in fact. Wow! This may be all I need.