Saturday, May 27, 2006

Fragrance of the Moment: Chanel Chance

Fragrance of the Moment: Chanel Chance. I have the mini parfum and I'm enjoying it so much, I'm thinking of upgrading to a larger size parfum or an eau de toilette spray which is lighter and therefore I could apply more liberally. Whenever I stop by Sephora, with all the bottles of perfume they have lined up, I usually end up spritzing Chance before I walk out, so maybe it's a sign (that I need it. LOL). I know it's a popular fragrance the world over, not exactly a rarity to make a signature, but I like it. It's one of my default "career" fragrances but with a subtle fruity spiciness, it works for summer evenings beautifully.

I've grown to like it so much more than I did when it first launched when I thought it reminded me of pencil shavings. It still occasionally does and I'm not always in the mood for its chalky-powdery character but the cool floralcy with a touch of something fruity yet abstract is appealing to me in warm weather. I've seen Chance classified as everything from a Fruity Floral to a Fruity Chypre to an Ambery Chypre Woody. Chance is also one of very few fragrances that I like with white musk in its base. Maybe that's what registers to me as being so chalky-powdery.


According to Basenotes:
Chanel Chance (2002)
Patchouli, Musk, Vetiver, Orris, Vanilla, Jasmine

On FragranceX:
Chanel Chance (2002)
White Musk, Hyacinth And Citron, Pink Pepper, Jasmine, Fresh Vetiver, Orris Absolute And Amber Patchouli.

Check out the sample size roll-on eau de toilette (0.07 oz Roll On EDT Mini)--It's a great way to test this fragrance out and you could find them at places like ebay relatively inexpensively. The mini roll-on is very cute and fits right into a small evening purse. :-)

(Image: www.superstoreintl.com)