Monday, May 08, 2006

Fragrance of the Moment: Rimmel London Glam

You're all gonna lose respect for me, right? Because I'm wearing London Glam again, a megafruity (mango) musky floral made by Coty for the drugstore market. I bought my little spray for something like $7. Well, I'll tell you what: it's the kind of perfume that doesn't scare small children away, which I think is a good thing in a scent. Some days I need to smell like Perfume and some days I prefer to smell like I might have spritzed myself with some nondescript fresh body spray after a shower, and that's OK, too. It's made by Coty which is a leading perfume company that makes all those celeb fragrances like J Lo. Call me pedestrian but this is one of my favorite casual fragrances and I hope they keep making it for a long time to come. I find it rather pretty and feminine with a little saucy edge.

To compare with something, I'd say it's a cross between Britney Spears Curious (because of the magnolia note and the transparent musky quality) and G by Giorgio Beverly Hills, a fragrance that featured pineapple and orchid. Here are the notes for comparison:

Rimmel London Glam 2003
Notes: Mango, pineapple, orchid, freesia, jasmine


Jan Moran's notes:
Giorgio Beverly Hills G (Floral-Fruity) 2000

Top: Peach, pineapple, cantaloupe, pink tea
Heart: Golden Sundust orchid, water lily, jasmine, peony, magnolia, ginger lily
Base: Amber, vetiver, frangipani, assam wood


Notes on Sephora's site:
Curious Britney Spears (Floral: White Floral) 2004

Notes: Louisiana magnolia, golden Anjou pear, lotus flower, tuberose, star jasmine, pink cyclamen, vanilla infused musk, sandalwood, blonde woods.

(Image: www.quizilla.com)