Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Murphy's Law

Whatever will go wrong will go wrong.

Do you know the Serenity Prayer? This is the petit version:

"God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference"

There never were truer, wiser, more powerful words. We can't change whatever will go wrong that will go wrong but we can change how we deal with that fact.

So I think I just gotta grow up and find a way to change the situation best I can.

What's my problem? I can't find my little grey pouch in which I keep my current favorite perfume samples. I also had a couple of decants in there. I will keep on looking, but here's what was in that pouch:

Serge Lutens Gris Clair
Serge Lutens Un Lys
Van Cleef & Arpels Gem (I suspect now this was EDP or parfum because I recently had a chance to compare with a vintage EDT version)
Cartier Delices
Hermes Un Jardin en Mediteranee
Chanel Cuir de Russie
There were some rare vintage samples in there, too.

Thankfully, I'm not in immediate need for those fragrances. In any case, my Fragrance of the Moment is Chantecaille Frangipane which is very faint after almost 10 hours or so. I'm enjoying this phase.

Music: I'm listening to a mixing session. It's good and loud.