Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Waiting For the Sun

The sun came out in the late afternoon today. The forecast says we should expect rain until next Monday, though thankfully it seems that the worst is over in New England. We're expecting thunderstorms in the next couple of days.



My fragrance tonight is the new and fabulous Délices de Cartier again. If I like it enough to finish the sample vials (one from a perfpal and one from Cartier), I might buy it instead of Serge Lutens Gris Clair. I like them both and find them similar. To me, they're sweet but somewhat airy and minimalist (modern) Gourmands with cool notes and florals on an ambery-woody-vanillic (tonka--similar to vanilla but some say it smells "breathy") base. Gris Clair is much cooler on top with herbaceous notes while Délices is more citrusy to me. However, I'm just not sure if I like the type of musk in Délices. It registers as a clean yet sweaty type of musk which I usually can't tolerate, like the kind in J Lo Glow or its predecessor, China Rain.

We'll see. In the meantime, my current perfume obsessions are: Le Labo Jasmin 17, Chantecaille Frangipane, Guerlain Attrape-Coeur, Van Cleef Gem (I guess I'm still not completely over it--It's just so fascinating being unabashedly ultraperfumy) and I'm wearing Chanel Chance and V&R Flowerbomb, enjoying them very much for the past couple of days and nights (or has it been hours? It's easy to lose track in a dark recording studio).

Also, my decant of Attrape-Coeur from my beautiful perfbuddy arrived today and I'm forever grateful that she sent enough to tide me over for a good, long while (Gee, don't I sound like the hopeless perfume addict that I am?). Actually, I have so many people to thank for the perfume packages I've received. I plan to have loads of fun with some exquisite scents this week! I already have waiting in the wings: Hermes Un Jardin en Méditerranée, 10 Corso Como and some hard-to-find vintage beauties.