Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Fragrance Foundation Says Stick To Orientals

I've lost interest in Oriental fragrances ever since I read some nonsense on The Fragrance Foundation website that dark-haired people are more suited for Oriental perfumes. This reminds me of when I went to a perfume shop to look for a light floral perfume only to be told that a dark Oriental would suit me better because I'm an Oriental (true story), and I vowed never to buy from that salesperson. I'm sure some people are happy to be told that the fairest scents are reserved for them and their "kind" but I think it's time we put an end to stereotyping which doesn't consider individual tastes. Should blondes listen to light Folk music and not Rock? Should I quit wearing pink because I'm not 12 years old? So anyway, no more Fumerie Turque for me. I won't buy it this fall. It's not even like I wanted to stop loving it but the feeling is gone. I'm sure I'll forever love my vanillas but it's funny how one negative association/experience could destroy feelings of pleasure once derived from a scent.