Friday, March 30, 2007

Guerlain Champs Elysées
















Champs Elysées (1996) is a beautiful, though slightly melancholic, smooth and ethereal type of soft floral on the greener side of the spectrum to me. I smell mostly the mimosa but I should mention that I thought my older EDT smelled more pungent and woodsy than does the mini I just tested which smells very "clean musk"-y in comparison. I will test them side by side again but for now, the overall impression: it's not the exhuberant scent of falling in love but the scent of hope with a teardrop hanging from the corner of the eye for a love that's so idealistic it can't possibly exist. Maybe--and I say this with tongue firmly implanted in cheek because I don't know--that is the essence of the city of love, and we may now send in the clowns. It has a sparkly element, too, like champagne bubbles on top, or a sprinkling of stars in the sky.

Music:
"After the Love Has Lost Its Shine"--Regina Belle
"Iris"--Goo Goo Dolls