Sunday, July 29, 2007

Délices de Cartier Eau Fruitée

Renowned jeweller and watchmaker Cartier has launched a new perfume, a follow-up to their luscious Délices de Cartier called Délices de Cartier Eau Fruitée. As you may have guessed from the name and packaging (a paler pink), it's a lighter, Fruity Floral version of the original Délices. The original Delices featured a cherry note; this time, the piece de resistance is rhubarb. I'm sampling it now and I can tell you that I don't detect as much white musk in it as I did in the original, which is a good thing in my book, but my musk perception could change depending on the day.

What I do smell in it is the new accord I like to call "Pez", or the candylike, powdery-tart flowery scent that "pops" off the skin in an unapologetically Juicy Couture-ish kind of way. This is the aspect of the scent that makes it smell very trendy but also linear; however, I also smell in it fresh spiciness which gives it spunk and a classic Cartier character, the sleek and sexy motif I became familiar with in perfumes that came long before it such as Must and Panthere (I especially adore the latter).

It's much more casual than those two which are formal, classic scents but I like that it seems like an urbane number, convertible enough to work within an active, varied lifestyle. Délices de Cartier Eau Fruitée is a meeting of many worlds: it's one part "clean" (like a detergent scent), another part "sweet" (fruits and flowers with a touch of vanilla) and it's got a whole lot of self-confidence brimming with energetic, straightforward attitude--plus this scent will travel from day-into-night because as mainstream as it is, Cartier is glamourous and never a wallflower. Once again, I applaude the lovely glass atomizer samples Cartier produces because glass is the loveliest way to showcase any beautiful, worthy perfume creation.