Friday, July 20, 2007

Kiehl's Musk Oil--A New York Aphrodisiac

I missed the Kiehl's Musk craze back when the word on the street was that Kate Moss favored this fragrance, but I recently had the chance to test the oil and I gotta say, it's one potent musk! I can't help but think of farm animals and toe cheese--it's definitely animalic (though synthetic) and a tiny bit goes a long way. However, I think the right chemistry can pull this off, and there certainly are die hard fans of this legendary fragrance. The type of musk I smell here reminds me of Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido Muscs Koublaï Khän, an intense, low-pitched, pungent musk with a heart of rose. If you're into MKK, you might find Kiehl's Musk an affordable replacement. Kiehl's Original Musk Oil was originally known as "Love Oil". Check out the website and read about its history so intertwined with New York's downtown scene. www.kiehls.com