Friday, July 06, 2007

Laurence Dumont Tarte aux Myrtilles

I almost confused this heavenly scent with Laurence Dumont Vanille Blueberry (which I don't know if I've tested before or not), but the blueberry tart or pie, Tarte aux Myrtilles, is only sold online at Sephora France, and I don't know if that means it's an exclusive to France but will continue being produced and sold, or that it's being discontinued and what's left in stores will sell out. If the latter is true, I may need to stockpile! It's not a complex perfume; I smell exactly what's listed: Lemon, Blueberry, Caramel, Violet, Vanilla, Butter.

I actually don't get much lemon, but the combination of blueberry and violet reminds me of Guerlain Insolence but with less violet. It's quite sweet, but not as sweet as, say, Flowerbomb or Pink Sugar. It's like a combination of Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Peche with a whole lot of blueberry juice. The balance between cake and blueberries is perfect, very evocative of the traditional French dessert. I hope I could buy this in the US for a long time to come--it's really a great casual scent--soft, sweet, fresh and mellow, my Summer '07 favorite.