Saturday, July 07, 2007

Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido Fumerie Turque

Fumerie Turque by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido is intense yet cool and I love it. It's warm and ambery (vanillic-leathery, reminds me of Molinard Habanita but this is more chic), slightly heavy but smoky-sweet with a touch of dried fruit and honey like a hookah pipe aroma, though it's also controlled and modern at the same time. Fumerie Turque is everything I want in a scent: sweet, airy powdery with a dry, aloof character--it starts out strangely medicinal (which used to turn me off so much, I never thought I'd grow to like it) and ends a delectable (sweetly Gourmand), finely powdered, sublime ambery warm (with a cool, smooth, powdery top layer) skin scent. I've been asked if I was wearing Chanel No.5 while wearing this (and I love that about this scent!), which tells me it's very powdery on me. It has just the right amount of cinnamon & clove-type of spiciness, and the semi-dirty musky rose dry down is a bit boozy like Vivienne Westwood Boudoir but lighter and more wearable for me. It is a quintessential Oriental and my favorite Serge Lutens fragrance--it's also one of my top favorites of all time. There is a certain deep, meditative serenity about it as well.

Many thanks to Chris Sheldrake for creating such a divine perfume.