Monday, August 20, 2007

Last Minute Summer Picks

Summer's almost over, but there's still time to enjoy what's left of it! Here are a couple of great finds that might inspire unforgettable moments on the beach or at the club, or wherever you may find yourself before September rolls in...

Creative Scentualization Perfect Kiss: I love discovering indie lines such as this one that offer unique and nice-smelling blends I can relate to. This is a stunning new chocolate blend that's light and floral, simple and easy to wear. It reminds me of a cross between Kate Spade EDP and Comme des Garçons Spicy Cocoa. It's a bit like Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao, too, but it features white florals (honeysuckle). If you're still looking for that perfect crisp Floral with a twist, try this--I highly recommend it! Available in pure perfume oil and EDP (eau de parfum).

CB I Hate Perfume--Secret History--At the Beach 1966: There are different versions of this scent. I've tried the water-based one and the pure parfum oil. Both are good, but I get more musk from the concentrated oil version. You may prefer that; I think I like the lighter, less musky water version better. Anyway, this is a "still life" type of scent in that it really smells like the beach atmosphere. I close my eyes and imagine what Coppertone suntan oil mixed with the warm sun in the sand and salty air might have smelled like in the Summer of '66.

(Images: luckyscent.com, leanasidhe.vox.com)