Tuesday, September 25, 2007

La Chasse aux Papillons LE

I'm sorry I only have a partial view of the original limited edition La Chasse aux Papillons 9.9 fl. oz. bottle circa 1999 to share, but here it is--it's the same bottle as the other LE scents in the L'Artisan Parfumeur line, only with pale pink flowers (which you can't see in the pic for they have fallen off from frequent usage) and leaves around the neck. The actual color of the frosted bottle is a light green. I've recently tried the newer bottle of La Chasse aux Papillons I have in a spray bottle, and I can honestly say it's not the same scent as the one in my first bottle.

The original juice, which I've been wearing a lot this week, and which I've worn so often it's been my staple fragrance for the past 8 years, is much more citrusy, like 4711, with prominent orange blossom. The newer one is also pretty, and I can wear it, but it smells synthetic in comparison, a bit like Beyond Paradise or another mainstream tuberose fragrance, with very little of the sparkling citrus top notes. I wish I could get more of the LE but I think when this is finished up, that's it--there's no more to be found anywhere. I hope one day, I'll find something else I'll equally love, but it seems hard to find such a lovely white floral scent that's so delicate and versatile.

La Chasse aux Papillons, or "chasing butterflies", is my favorite joyous scent! It may be more spring-summerlike than autumnal but I think it feels perfect right now.

Notes: Linden blossom, lemon tree blossom, orange blossom, jasmine, tuberose