Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bond No.9 Saks Fifth Avenue For Her

As I'd expected, this is my favorite fragrance by Bond No.9 so far. I liked Chelsea Flowers (which is similar to Fresh Pink Jasmine to me, a light, aqueous rose) and Chinatown (a beautiful spicy-woody tuberose, like a higher-end Victoria's Secret Secret 33) but this new launch is right up my alley being a sensuous, bombshelly white floral cornucopia with beachy aspects. It's got a big personality and smells both classic and urbane to me. It's definitely a tuberose (gardenia) fragrance that leans towards being sweet but it's Floral (to the max), not too Gourmand even with a vanillic base. At first, it reminded me very strongly of Fracas (I believe I smell the jasmine in them both, and is there peach? It's a bit fruity-creamy) mixed with Carnal Flower because of the coconut note. It dries down very much like Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia and Jo Malone Vintage Gardenia, a somewhat punchy and heady, aqueous (as opposed to powdery) and slightly candylike (like Versace Blonde or Jo Malone Tuberose) gardenia. I find it a bit too strong close up but I think the sillage it leaves is beautiful. I have quite a few samples to play with for awhile, but I might end up loving this scent enough to invest in one day.

(Image: www.allwomenstalk.com)