Friday, December 21, 2007

Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert

Bulgari (spelled Bvlgari with a stylized "u") has a green tea scent called Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert that I've been enjoying occasionally. I have an adorable set of mini cologne and lotion nestled inside a handsome tin can. At first, I found the scent simultaneously punchy and bold and also a bit skin cream-like and mossy, but every now and then, I crave such an accord. This is a Chypre, meaning it's actually a woody, mossy blend, even if it starts off refreshingly citrusy. I find it invigorating and casual but with an elegant, sophisticated tone. I would call it a perfect workday scent, although I also find it comforting to wear after a shower or bath to putz around the house in. After a particularly taxing week, it feels simple and down-to-earth, like the kind of break my spirit needs.

There is an Extreme version but I prefer the Eau Parfumée cologne which is strong enough for me. If you want more woods and lasting power, Extreme is the way to go.

Notes from Now Smell This:
Bulgari Eau Parfumée au Thé Vert (1992)--bergamot, orange blossom, cardamom, coriander, pepper, rose, jasmine, green tea, oakmoss, tonka bean, and beeswax.