Saturday, December 08, 2007

Caron Narcisse Blanc

Narcisse Blanc was launched in 1922 in the same year Chanel released their "white" perfume called No.22. I wonder if it was the year for all things white in perfumery, Great Gatsby style. Compared to Caron's huge commercial success, Narcisse Noir (1911), Narcisse Blanc which was made for the American market lacks the animalic edge, and I find no Mousse de Saxe in it. I do get some sandalwood in the base although it's not listed. I also get a slight coconutty note mixed with rose, reminding me of the new Coty scent for Kate Moss, but I don't know why. Mostly, I get orange blossom and rose, with aforementioned trace of musky sandalwood which yields the limelight to the profusion of flowers.

Notes from Now Smell This blog: orange blossom, neroli, petitgrain, orange, jasmine, rose, linden, iris, amber, musk.