Sunday, December 16, 2007

Perfumista's Top 10 Countdown 2007



I'm doing it a bit differently this year because I wanted to feature the images of my current favorite perfumes--all of which I've reviewed on Pink Manhattan at least once--as a collage more than as a typical up-and-down review of each scent. Please enjoy my year end Top 10 even though it's coming in a bit early and there's still time to serendipitously stumble upon a new olfactory love. As you already know, the list is constantly changing and the order isn't set in stone; however, this year I seem to have "settled" more or less on my #s 1 (Nina) and 2 (Artemisia) for everyday wear...well, in the past month or so, anyway, and not including sampling which is imperative to keeping my perfume-addicted sanity.

I wanted to take this opportunity to share with you the fantastic image of Guerlain L'Heure Bleue by d. Chedwick Bryant which I'm fortunate enough to have permission to post here. I hope you'll visit Tangled Up In L'Heure Bleue blog where you can see more beautiful images of perfume art.

I also wanted to mention that I've been enjoying Kate by Kate Moss more so in lotion form than fragrance, but despite my initial harsh critique of the scent, I have grown to like it a whole lot, and feel it's a worthy celeb scent to crown as being one of this year's best new launches.

Here are my picks:




1. Penhaligon's Artemisia





2. Nina Ricci Nina (2006)







3. Kate by Kate Moss









4. Guerlain L'Heure Bleue (Art Photo by d. Chedwick Bryant)








5. Bond No.9 Saks Fifth Avenue For Her








6. Shiseido White Rose Natural




7. Laurence Dumont Tarte aux Myrtilles











8. Guerlain Chamade





9. Les Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Iris Poudré










10. Parfums DelRae Amoureuse