Thursday, January 10, 2008

DKNY Delicious Night

Donna Karan's newest designer fragrance release, Delicious Night, is probably my favorite scent in her line so far, although I don't have a bottle of it yet. I'm enjoying my cute lil' roll-on sample, though (and it's a nice size to be able to test for awhile). Compared to her previous Delicious series, Night is, of course, a deeper, lower-pitched blend, but the berries and ambery woods aren't too heavy to wear. I'd say it's somewhere between the freshess of something like Mat Cherry and the boozy cedariness of Frapin 1270, all thrown into a laboratory blender to make the fizzy, chilled blend. I didn't find it overly patchouli-heavy nor musky (which is a good thing by me), and it lasted well. Because the notes are so close to my Persephone perfume (2006) hailing from NYC featuring blackberry, amber, purple flowers, pomegranate and Mysore sandalwood, I thought I'd add that while they don't smell similar, it's probably no coincidence that I ended up liking this one as much as I did. Let's just say Delicious Night is the more mainstream, cleaner, more alcoholic version.

Notes from Now Smell This:
DKNY Delicious Night (2007 Floral Oriental): frozen pomelo, crushed ginger, chilled blackberry martini accord, purple freesia, night-blooming orchids, satin jasmine petals, purple iris, molten amber, incense, myrrh extract, patchouli and velvet vetiver.