Friday, February 15, 2008

My Current Top 10 of Winter 2008



I'm taking a short break from blogging again because I'm preparing for the showcase on the 23rd (and another one on March 1st which I'll post about soon), so I thought I'd leave you with my Top 10 of Winter 2008. My very favorite is still my own creation named Persephone, and this time, I've decided to include it in my list. I'm wild about Very Sexy Hot and feel no shame, so there! The woman who shared the name of her perfume was kind enough to do so, and I'm sharing it with you in turn. My next acquisition will probably be a big vat of that delicious peony-plum-berry-suede concoction, and if I can dream, some Caron En Avion extrait and Miss Balmain (is it still in production?), too, please. So, without further ado, here goes, in no particular order:

1. Sali Oguri Persephone New York (Unreleased Mix)
2. Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Hot
3. Givenchy III (vintage)
4. Caron En Avion
5. Guerlain Chamade (vintage)
6. Burberry The Beat
7. Pierre Balmain Miss Balmain (vintage)
8. Pierre Balmain Ivoire (vintage)
9. Amouage Gold for Women
10. Chanel Les Exclusifs No.18

If I may add just a few more, I'd include Caron Narcisse Noir parfum (don't have), Nina Ricci Nina (new), Kate by Kate Moss, Guerlain L'Heure Bleue and Jean Patou Joy, although I wear the Top 5-8 or so most often. Frederic Malle Carnal Flower is also gorgeous and I don't have a bottle, but sometimes I think the original Chloé, the tuberose-jasmine from 1975, might fill in fine for now. Incidentally, the new Chloé (with Chloë Sevigny and two other blonde women (?) in the print ads) smelled like Laila by Geir Ness, reportedly a favorite of Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey (Jan Moran Fabulous Fragrances II), which I already have a mini of and as nice as it is, probably won't finish.

Stay warm if you're battling the cold, and have a wonderful weekend, winter vacation, the rest of your summer, etc.--wherever you're loggin' in from, have a good one!