Saturday, March 01, 2008

A Song for Hill?


I don't understand why her campaign had to come out with that cheesy, fear-mongering phone call ad when they could have done something so much cooler and better-produced! I can't tell you how turned off I was to her campaign when I saw that, but then, all I had to do was listen to the sexist commentators rant about her on the news ("she looked good the other night--too bad she didn't smile more", like it's a woman's job to look pretty for you, or like strange men can walk up to us on the street and tell us to "c'mon, smile, baby"--Make Me Wanna Holler), and I'm back to hoping a woman takes the highest office one day (not that I wouldn't also love to see an African American president, 'cause I would). Here's an idea: Singer-songwriter Dulce Maria Gonzalez has written a song for Hillary called "We Need a Woman" that they could promote in turn. Also, Madonna hearts Hillary - and I really do love this photo I found on Daily Intelligencer, nymag.com. Will we ever see a video with a campaign song from her, the way we've seen will.i.am, Herbie Hancock and others rhythm-a-ning for Barack Obama? I wouldn't even mind Madonna with Janet Jackson, Jon Bon Jovi, Barbara Streisand, Quincy Jones and 50 Cent recording a song for Hillary together. Isn't there anything her people can do for her with the money she's raised that can compete? Barack has shown his dance moves on TV, and even Bill Clinton has played sax on TV, bringing people to their feet. It's time Hillary got her groove on.

The last ad from her side that was worth seeing was the Sopranos Parody (The campaign song they introduced then was not my fave, however).