Friday, February 29, 2008

Yes We Can - will.i.am Video



There's a new video out today which is just as good. I can't deny the power of these songs and videos--they include some of the best musicians (Herbie Hancock is in this one) and the images are beautiful, all edited perfectly. The rhythms, the soaring voices--they are very moving. It's hard to top this quality and I can see why the young voters can relate to this campaign more than the conventional, rhythmless videos of the Clinton campaign. I think if there was something on Obama's website about what he'd do for women (women's rights, equal pay, etc), he'd have even better standing with female voters across the board. I personally would have liked to see some older women in the videos--strong, outspoken types as well.

It takes music to shake up the world--as a singer and musician, I can appreciate these videos regardless of politics. May the best man or woman win, and deliver the peace and equality we're all praying for.