Monday, March 03, 2008

Christian Dior - Dior Addict Shine

I tried this one recently and although I probably won't buy it, I like it. It reminds me of one of my all time favorite fresh Fruity Florals, Creed Spring Flower, especially when the musky cedary base comes through, reminding me of a white tea scent. Qualitywise, it's not up in Creed's upper echelon niche league but it's a good mainstream scent; it smells a bit like Versace Bright Crystal but maybe fruitier and less like a floral bouquet. It's light and invigorating, citrusy and optimistic, but also a little sweet and laid-back--a scent I would subjectively call "pretty and feminine" as well as clean.

(Edited to add) I retried this today and decided I really want it--it's actually very similar to another one I love, Burberry The Beat, but less spicy, more grapefruity. I thought it was white tea but it turns out I get a distinct black tea note from them both, with a tropical, creamy undertone. Dior Addict Shine is the less sweet/heavy of the two.

(Edited again) I'm glad I tried this again today because it turns out I can smell the same powdery white musk that I find a bit bothersome in Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue. I will be sticking to Burberry The Beat for now.

(Image: Fragrance Bouquet)