Saturday, March 01, 2008

Estée Lauder Pleasures Delight



Yup, the ad is cheese, but the girl within me is attracted to the thought of smelling like strawberries, sugared rose petals, powdery white flowers and cake. What can I say? I'm also a sucker for pink. I recently tried this scent and even though what I got was all that plus patchouli (it's a lot like Britney Spears Fantasy and a bunch of others similar to it), I liked it. I found it sweet, soft (sort of white chocolate-like), warm, and neither earth-shattering nor cutting edge but pleasant. Apparently, it was pleasant for others to smell on me when I sampled it, too, because I was told it was nice and even asked to wear it again. Are you getting ready to enjoy your favorite spring fragrances yet? It's still pretty cold where I am, but we're catching up on low temps after a strangely warm winter, no doubt due to global warming. I hope to get this fragrance soon, and I plan to alternate it with another unexpected new love, Guerlain Mitsouko, a whole other ball of wax and a scent I usually find too strange to take. It must be Spring in the air--I'm fighting a cold but my spirit is feeling hopeful, ready to see things from a fresh, new light.

Notes from EsteeLauder.com:
Estée Lauder Pleasures Delight (2007)
Top Notes: Pomegranate, fresh Greens, Freesia, whipped Strawberry Meringue
Middle Notes: White Peony, Lily, Muguet, Heliotrope
Base Notes: Sugared Rose Petals, Caramel, Marshmallow, Vanilla, Patchouli