Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Guerlain Shalimar Eau Légère (Shalimar Light)





When I first got it, it was to tide myself over while waiting to procure some Solange Stoned. Nowadays, I actually prefer Shalimar Light. It's a bit more floral and powdery than straight gourmand, but it's also sweet and airy, just lemony enough, vanillic but sheer, voluptuous but soft and very easy to wear. If you like Shalimar but want something a little less classic, try this version. This is like a floral lemon cake with a linden-like breath of fresh spring in the air. Of course, for high impact drama, I still love the original, especially in parfum.

(Edited to add) My review is for Shalimar Eau Légère (pale yellow perfume) circa 2003 or 2004 (Mathilde Laurent/ Jean-Paul Guerlain), not the new Eau de Shalimar which I haven't tried yet (but I have heard it's more focused on lemon, not yummy vanilla). Am I to understand that Shalimar Eau Légère has been discontinued? Those sillyheads. I'm going to stock up!

(Image: Art Photos by d. Chedwick Bryant, Tangled Up In L'Heure Bleue)