Sunday, June 01, 2008

Ralph Lauren Blue

Something old, something new
Something borrowed, something blue
And a silver sixpence in her shoe.


If you're going to choose something blue for a wedding, let it be Ralph Lauren Blue. This is such a soft, pretty fragrance. I loved it instantly when I discovered it at Sephora a few years back; although I'm still working on finishing up my mini bottle, when I want a Floral that's aqueous but not obviously so, this is my pick. Dewy and subtle, Ralph Lauren Blue is a watery white floral on a transparent musk base, like the shy side of Marc Jacobs or Kate Spade. I think it's well-mannered enough to go from the office to a date on the weekends, and to an elegant formal affair. It's easy-going and preppy but not stuffy, fresh but not too sporty.

Notes on Amazon.com:
RALPH LAUREN BLUE perfume by Ralph Lauren was launched in 2004. This soft floral fragrance melts into the skin with soft notes of lotus flower, gardenia and pink peony, exotic blossoms such as tuberose, rose de mai, and orange flower enriched with musk, ambrette, and sandalwood

(Image: www.pcidata.net)