Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Annick Goutal Néroli

There are neroli scents and there are neroli scents. This is by far one of the most beautiful creations I've ever smelled. There is no earthy-herbaceous New Age shop smell nor dirty animalic twist in this utterly refined and delightful Annick Goutal offering. It's light, fresh, just slightly citric and green but not overly bitter or sharp; it has a soft, honeylike, succulent sweetness that's true to the orange blossom (neroli), and a bright, optimistic disposition that's perfect for this time of year and anytime you want something to make your heart smile. The sillage is so exquisitely pretty, it made me do a double take today to see if it was emanating from me! If you're looking for the ultimate summer floral, Annick Goutal Néroli may be just what you need--I know I do. It's just the right dose of simple rural living to bring a sense of relaxation to life in the concrete jungle.

Between this one and Le Labo Fleur d'Oranger 27, I don't know which one to choose--that's how much I love this Annick Goutal, currently my favorite in the line.

Notes on Annick Goutal's website:
Annick Goutal Néroli
Creation: 2003
Olfactory family: Floral, woody
Composition: Orange blossom, neroli essence, petit grain, woody note, cedar

(Image: escentual.uk)