Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dior Homme

I had Fred try this on because I loved it in the bottle, but it dried down too sweet and powdery-floral on him for either of us to like. However, I might have to give myself a good spritz of it one of these days. From what I can recall, it was an iris cocoa, maybe similar to Jo Malone Blue Agava & Cacao or Guerlain Iris Ganache if I'm not completely wrong. I couldn't wear Iris Ganache but perhaps I could wear this adventurous iris Floral Gourmand for Men. I hope it wasn't too caloney--I never like that element in a scent. As far as iris goes, it's hard to find one that doesn't smell like Estée Lauder Pleasures, which to me smells reminiscent of root vegetables.

Notes on Sephora.com:
Dior Homme (2005 Aromatic)
Lavender, Sage, Cardamom, Iris, Cocoa Bean, Amber, Vetiver, Patchouli, Leather.