Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yves Saint-Laurent Cinéma


Yves Saint-Laurent Cinéma is a spicy-orangey Floral Oriental with mossy tones. I've fallen in and out of love with it but I've always kept it around. I think it smells pretty wonderful. It's dramatic and sophisticated in YSL style, and also very modern with plenty of sex appeal and softness. It's almost like a new take on the classic YSL Opium, one of the great spice queens of perfumes. I might also compare Cinéma to Cacharel Amor Amor, another great scent I've worn, and also to Christian Dior Addict. Cinéma can be characterized as having an ambery sweet, spicy and woodsy-mossy, yet minimalist and transparent (a bit fresh) scent. It's a bit powdery, too, and too much can be cloying, but I think it wears elegantly, without being too stuffy and austere for such a sexy, grown-up scent. For summer evenings when you want to party all night in a sleek black number, Cinéma is glamorous, sociable, respectable and versatile. It'll mesmerize the crowd when you step out of the taxi...or limo, if you prefer.

I've said I don't do Tom Ford scents but this one, I like.

Basenotes lists these notes:
Yves Saint-Laurent Cinéma (2004)
Top Notes: Clementine, Almond Blossom, Cyclamen
Heart Notes: Amarillys, Sambac jasmin, Peony
Base Notes: Amber, White musks, Bourbon vanilla, Benzoin

(Image: www.parfumeriazet.sk)