Thursday, August 14, 2008

Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy


Michael Edwards (on Sephora's website) describes Carolina Herrera 212 Sexy as a Woody Oriental. I'd say that's accurate because it reminds me of others in the very (maybe most) popular genre such as Aquolina Pink Sugar, Givenchy Hot Couture, Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb and Lolita Lempicka. This is a sweet fragrance, very low-pitched and intense, centered around cotton candy and a woody-vanillic base, topped off with a dash of spice and freshened up with some icy citrus notes. It doesn't smell like the original 212 to me, but there is that somewhat musky-woody characteristic that gives it an oomph of a sillage that I find in both. Although it's not listed, I also seem to smell ambrette musk in it - the type of musk I smell in Etat Libre d'Orange Divin'enfant, but perhaps it's just an illusion because I find the two perfumes very similar as well. I like this fragrance a lot, and hope to wear it more often than I do. So far, I'm working on finishing up my sample spray vial, but I'm eyeing that sleek lil' roll-on for $16.

According to Basenotes, 212 Sexy was created in 2004.

There is a 212 Sexy Man (2006)...I wonder if that's a sweet fragrance like this, too.

Notes on Sephora.com:
Tangerine, Bergamot, Rose Pepper, Floral Petals, Gardenia, Cotton Candy, Sandalwood, 212 Musk, Vanilla

(Image: wishglobe.com)