Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile de Fleur

This is definitely nicer than the original Black Orchid which I didn't like at all (and the ad campaign for it, I liked even less). I also like it better than Jovan Black Orchid for those of you who have smelled the drugstore scent from way back, but the type of scent is very similar to that: an intense tropical floral. It packs the same punch as tuberose but it leans more towards green, giving it a slightly sharper, stronger edge. It's a gorgeous, lush fragrance, like an in-your-face flower in majestic dark purple hues. On the skin, the vibe is very beachy to me, like suntan oil, although I received a comment today that I smelled like barbeque. There must be a musky, woody and animalic base note in here somewhere, probably borrowing from the original Black Orchid.

(Image: Now Smell This blog)