Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Dress



I realize the only reason I care is because it's Michelle Obama, but if I may comment on the new and endearing First Lady's outfits for the inauguration, I thought they were great. I loved the Isabel Toledo (fashion illustrator Ruben Toledo's wife) gold number on her, as cold as I thought she must have been in it - she was truly golden, golden (I have Jil Scott in my head as I write) - and if the look were a perfume, it was Amouage Gold. As for her ball gown by another up-and coming designer based in New York, Jason Wu, I thought she chose a genuinely pretty dress, very fairytale-dreamy with a regal (but not too severe, still youthful) Grecian touch, and her face looked radiant and stunning in sheer, shimmery platinum makeup tones. The dress matched her hair perfectly. She looked like a swan, or a moon goddess, and could have smelled of Teint de Neige, Heavenly or Angel (or Angel Innocent) very easily. Incidentally, I wore Teint de Neige to celebrate the ringing in of the new president. May God bless the First Family...The girls were gorgeous in their J. Crew coats, too. I am truly rejoicing in my heart for this day to have come.

(Images: itv.com, Associated Press)