Monday, January 12, 2009

Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible



I wish I'd tried this fragrance sooner, or I might have included it in my Top 10 list of 2008. I'm glad I went to Sephora today after my voice over session. I walked in and smelled everything I hadn't tried before, but was only wowed by two perfumes, and this was one of them. It reminds me of many fragrances I already like such as Armani Code, Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Hot, Chanel Allure Sensuelle, Pecksniff's Natural Floral and Hugo Boss Deep Red, but I think it stands on its own as a memorable scent. At first sniff, I noticed a coconut suntan oil smell I also detect in Ralph Wild. All in all, it's a soft, sensual Floral Oriental (although Sephora lists it under Floral, or Floral Woody), a bit rich and powdery but modern and dry, with a thankfully very subdued patchouli base! I can fall in love with patchouli if it's this delicate, almost undetectable. This perfume can be summed up as a warm, very slightly spicy, sweet white floral-mandarin orange woody-ambery blend. After wearing Le Cherche Midi No.14 for awhile, Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible makes for a dramatic take on a similar theme, the sunny, sweet mandarin orange floral with a green twist. Turn up the nighttime glamour in this - it's my favorite of the Givenchy Irresistible series. I'm not nuts about the bottle design but the colors work for me, and I want one anyway! I may just go for the sleek red roll-on, too!


Sephora lists these notes:



Givenchy Absolutely Irresistible (2008 Floral): green mandarin orange, red berries, red pepper, Egyptian jasmine, orange blossom, heliotrope, cedar, patchouli and amber.



(Image: Sephora.com)