Thursday, January 15, 2009

Versace White Jeans


This perfume rocks and I love it so much, even though it's a pretty in-your-face one. I guess that's the beauty of it; after all, what rocks should be good and loud, like a voice cutting through the air projecting from a well-trained diaphragm. Versace White Jeans (1997) is a carnation-spicy Chypre (although I wouldn't have known that until I saw it categorized as such) with a white floral heart and a touch of peachy fruits. It reminds me of a cross between Jil Sander Sun and Guerlain L'Heure Bleue, with the larger-than-life presence and sexy attitude of Givenchy Amarige, Giorgio Beverly Hills Red or Calvin Klein Obsession. It's a crying shame it's discontinued - I think it's the best fragrance Versace has ever offered besides The One (correction: The One is by Dolce & Gabanna - my apologies). White Jeans is a whiteness I imagine as long, tall Greco-Roman columns or a dollop of clotted cream.