Saturday, February 28, 2009

Benefit B Spot

For those of you who are still wondering if Evan Rachel Wood wore Benefit Maybe Baby or B Spot to the Oscars, sorry, I still don't have the answer. But I can tell you that I've smelled both of these fragrances, and I hope she chose Maybe Baby. Not that B Spot is bad - it's definitely fun, pleasant, upbeat and refreshing, but it's casual and a bit intensely fruity for me. You might prefer that, so I encourage you to test them both and decide for yourself. B Spot (I guess the name is a take on G spot, and judging from the trucker girl-style packaging, I'd say I'm right) smells like hypersweet red tropical fruits, like mango and passion fruit. I'm reminded of Demeter Sex on the Beach, Diamond Princess by Trina, Safi and one of the fruity summer LE scents by Escada but I'm not sure which one. If it were muskier, it could be Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Fraiche Passiflore or Rimmel London Glam. Actually, it smells a lot like London Glam, so I rather like the sunny, energetic scent; it's just very, very intensely fruity and sweet to the point of sugary, with virtually no other notes in sight. It's strong, too, with a wooded base and lots of sillage. I would not wear it to an office but since I can picture a paper umbrella in a glass, I say take it with you to a tropical island, even just a make believe one.

(Edited to add) If you like B Spot, I recommend for you to also try Momoberry, a similar type of tropical red fruit with white florals in the mix - sweet, juicy and fun.

(Image: www.asos.com)