Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey A Drop Of Cloud



Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Une Goutte de Nuage (A Drop Of Cloud) is a limited edition variation of the original L'Eau d'Issey. As I'd written earlier in my review of Fresh Mukki, this scent takes me back to my childhood when my parents used to buy me these Japanese children's magazines, and in them, I'd occasionally find scratch-n-sniff perfumes that had this sharply floral-perfumey, soapy smell. Neither the scratch-n-sniffs nor this LE scent are favorite smells of mine, but I must say the concept of this creation is brilliant. It's so Yoko Ono, I almost expect to be a moving, living, participating influence within the conceptual art (it reminds me of her Sky Piece, Box of Smile and, of course, Cloud Piece). Hazy and powder periwinkle blue, the bottle combined with the name is also the most beautiful of the L'Eau d'Issey series in my opinion.


(Image: Nordstrom.com)