Thursday, July 16, 2009

Guerlain Les Secrets de Sophie (2009)



It's very difficult to find reviews of this limited edition perfume by Guerlain, Les Secrets de Sophie (2009), master perfumer Jean-Paul Guerlain's latest offering, a profusion of white florals (orange blossom, jasmine, ylang-ylang). My Japanese given name is the equivalent of the Greek "Sophie", meaning wisdom, and therefore, I've rationalized yet another reason besides many reasons why I must find out what this latest creation smells like: the beautiful 60ml quadrilobe bottle in three color choices (!), adorned with checkerboards and charms (padlock and key to unleash a jeune fille's desire) designed by French jewellery designer Sophie Lévy, the fact that the perfume is composed by Jean-Paul Guerlain, and that it's described as a rich white floral, my favorite genre. I haven't been one of the lucky ones to have encountered it yet, although I hear it's at Bergdorf Goodman here in NY...

Read more at The Examiner: Launch News: Guerlain Les Secrets de Sophie (2009)



Related article: Featured Review: Guerlain Les Secrets de Sophie (2009) - July 31, 2009