Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Summer 2009 Top 10



It's summertime in the city; the asphalt is melting with hot sun and dancing in the streets. Let's kick off the July Top 10 Perfume List with my Top 5 favorite Michael Jackson songs, shall we? If I share them, will you sing them with me? I'll gladly sing your favorites with you, too. Here's my tribute to the greatest entertainer of all time, whose bestselling album, Thriller, has sold an estimated 47 – 109 million copies, more than any other singer's in history, whose total album sales only come short of Elvis Presley and The Beatles. Check out more facts at this link: Records and Achievements of Michael Jackson at Wikipedia.

My Top 5 Michael Jackson Songs (the order of preference changes with my mood):

1. "Man in the Mirror" - written and composed by Siedah Garrett and Glen Ballard
2. "Human Nature" - written and composed by Steve Porcaro and John Bettis
3. "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'" - Original song written by Michael Jackson
4. "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" - written and composed by James Ingram and Quincy Jones
5. "Butterflies" - written and composed by Marsha Ambrosius and Andre Harris

I love songs from Off the Wall, too, as I have total love and respect for anything Quincy Jones, but these songs just knock my socks off in personal ways. (Edited to add as part of this tribute, here's a link to You Tube, to listen to "Off the Wall", my favorite title track written and composed by Rod Temperton.)

Read on at The Examiner for my Top 10 perfume list: My Summer 2009 Top 10 Fragrances List!