Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Well, well, well...This INxJ might be an ENTJ after all



I think they changed the way people are tested for their MBTI type on this one questionaire I've been taking regularly on Facebook. I had usually come up as an INTJ or INFJ but I just came up an ENTJ! Surely, they kid! The indicator is barely E at 3% expressed, but could I really be an extravert, even if I feel drained after spending time with people, especially ones I don't really like? Well, who wouldn't, right? I remember being told many years ago that I reminded this person of Sigourney Weaver in Alien. I believe I've read someplace she's an ENTJ. Coincidence, or is this person extremely observant and precise about judging character? Also, one summer, I was bullied by a group of kids to stop being so loud and expressive (I used to sing at the top of my lungs), because apparently, I was hogging attention, and that annoyed people enough to justify doing all kinds of cruel things to me. In emotional distress being stuck at a sleepaway camp (how crapfuckular!), I had cut off my own hair, depressed and defeated, and that pleased them enough to make them stop making my life miserable during the last week of stay. I was even told by a camp counselor (not to my face, as this person was a coward, but written in my autograph book!) that she thought I was a self-important show-off who thought so highly of my long hair and legs...yeah, and I was all of what, thirteen? Maybe I decided long ago that I would have to tone myself down to suit these less-than-dynamic people, to at least pretend to get along. Maybe it was only fair I was being treated this way, since I could be a formidable bitch when I wanted to be (just ask my brother). Maybe it's just that I'm becoming bolder with age, turning from an INTJ into an ENTJ - who knows? I suppose being an ENTJ can suck, but would I have turned into an entertainer had I been just another wallflower? Anyway, it looks like my life has yet to unfold and reach its peak. It's amazing what people will do when you make them shake in their boots.

According to Typelogic:
ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan.

ENTJs are often “larger than life” in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.

It is estimated that ENTJs compose 3% of the total population, 4.5% of the male population, and 1.5% of the female population.



Related links: INTP - August 11, 2010 Pink Manhattan

INFJ and the ISTJ Shadow - 8/14/10 Pink Manhattan