Tuesday, June 08, 2010

My June Top 10 Fragrances of the Moment



After a very long hiatus, I'm going to share with my faithful perfume-loving readers my current Top 10 favorite fragrances. I hope you'll be inspired to make your own lists of favorites, blog about them and inspire me with some new fragrances to try. My list is made up of tried-and-true olfactive beauties from all fragrance families, and a vast scope of launch years...

My egalitarian Top 10 List, June 2010

1. Kenzo Amour
2. Guerlain Les Secrets de Sophie (and no, I still don't own this baby)
3. Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau
4. Givenchy Very Irr├ęsistible
5. L'Instant de Guerlain
6. Kenzo Amour Florale
7. Loree Rodkin Gothic II oil
8. Comptoir Sud Pacifique Caramel Sunset
9. Guerlain Vol de Nuit
10. Sisley Eau du Soir

I must rave about KenzoAmour, a lasting love in my life which I can summarize as an Aldehydic Floral Oriental with a mildly spicy, almost herbaceously prickly edge. The graceful, modern serpentine bottle matches the spiky-yet-creamy, "rice powder"-ish semi-sweet Gourmand skin scent very well.

I've been taking someone's advice from some years back, to wear fragrances on clothes, not directly on skin. See? I can be flexible when I want to be. :-)