Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Fragrance of the Moment



Attach Stevie Nicks to a scent and you know I'm there. Seriously, though, this is a nice scent, and I can imagine the bella donna liking a scent with a bit of playful goth elements in it. I can't find the official notes for Michele Bergman Black Gardenia perfume oil, and I'm too lazy to search for them, but I'll tell you what I smelled off the bat was a sweet, lush fruit note: apple, pear or peach. I was looking for a sexy Fruity Floral Oriental, a delicious scent with something fresh and fun to offset deep, dark white florals, and this is it: Black Gardenia, indeed. The heart is a sweet tropical gardenia, with a soft, somewhat banana-like pikake feeling to it (it reminds me of the very popular cult perfume Child oil a lot). But the pièce de résistance for me is the combination with the sandalwood finish; the base notes are quite smoky and rich (there might be some frankincense in here as well) and I'm actually reminded of Caron Narcisse Noir, although this is not as smoky as the classic Caron. I'm also reminded of Loree Rodkin Gothic II oil - gosh, I love that stuff, too. Overall, it's a great combination of candy, fruits, flowers and incense - like a stroll through East Village on a summer evening, the vibe is all about peace, love, rock 'n' roll energy and just a touch of urban mysticism.

I hope you're enjoying your summer as much as I am!

(Image: Lucky Scent)