Saturday, August 14, 2010

INFJ and the ISTJ Shadow
















***UPDATED*** I'm terribly sorry, but I just learned that the Shadow and Anima / Animus are NOT the same! The INFJ's Shadow is ISTJ. The INFJ's Anima is the ESTP. Please link to my July 03, 2011 post: INFP (Plus some clarifications on the Jung archetypes, with apologies) posted by Sali Oguri, PINK MANHATTAN

----------------------


This is how I came to accept my INFJ type: I learned that INTJ is a right-brained type, whereas INFJ and INTP are left-brained. Since I've tested as being more left-brained than right-brained (although I'm pretty whole-brained, being both creative and logical, sometimes dead even between hemispheres), I knew I had to be either INFJ or INTP, and I believe INFJ is my best fit. It is amazing how long I denied my strong Fe, but it definitely makes its stand when it feels defensive. If my Fe and Ti had to duel, I believe my Fe would win. That's how I knew I must be an INFJ after all.

INFJ on Wikipedia: "INFJs tend to be sensitive, quiet leaders with a great depth of personality. They are intricately and deeply woven, mysterious, and highly complex, sometimes puzzling even to themselves. They have an orderly view toward the world, but are internally arranged in a complex way that only they can understand. Abstract in communicating, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. With a natural affinity for art, INFJs tend to be creative and easily inspired. Yet they may also do well in the sciences, aided by their intuition.

"Correlation with Enneatype
According to Baron and Wagele, the most common Enneatypes for the INFJ are The Individualist (Fours), The Reformer (Ones), and The Peacemaker (Nines)."

INFJ - MyPersonality.info

See all of the type relationships at INFJ - Typelogic.com

Star Wars character Luke Skywalker is a famous INFJ.


Darth Vader is an ISTJ. In Jungian-speak, the INFJ's shadow (enigma) is the negative form of ISTJ (and vice versa: ISTJ's shadow is the negative form of INFJ). According to Jung, the shadow, in being instinctive and irrational, is prone to project: turning a personal inferiority into a perceived moral deficiency in someone else. Read more about the shadow at Wikipedia.

See ISTJ type relationships at Typelogic
















Related links:
"Projection: The Complexes and other people: These shadows manifest usually under stress, and most likely involve people or situations offending or intimidating the ego. The basis of this concept of cognitive intertype dynamics is the notion that the archetypes (particularly the shadows) are what we project onto others, and the goal of ego-development is to "own" them, and see them as a part of ourselves. We will then withdraw the complex being projected." Click here for the model most widely used across MBTI theory and discussions: MBTI and the 16 Types and Cognitive Functions

The INxJ and the Jungian Function Preferences - May 02, 2009 Pink Manhattan

INTP - August 11, 2010 Pink Manhattan