Wednesday, August 11, 2010

INTP



Star Trek character Data, INTP

I like to take these Myers-Briggs personality tests periodically, because it's fun, and because I don't believe these things are as etched in stone as some might suggest. I should mention that many experts say types can change as people get older, too. The tests themselves ask questions that are wide open, so how you answer depends on the context you envision in your mind. Also, my results vary depending on the system I use, although I have consistently tested NT (Rational)-NF (Idealist). My most frequest results, roughly in the order of frequency, have been INFJ, INTJ, INTP, INFP, ENTJ. Today, I took two different tests (the one at Humanmetrics.com and one app on Facebook which leads me here) and came up as INTP and INFJ. I find the INTP result interesting, because when I had myself tested by a professional, she thought I might actually be an INTP based on our verbal communication, despite the written part of the test which had given me an INFP reading. I had settled on INTJ at the time, only to reassess myself as INFJ.

I quite like the INTP result, a worldly, improvisational and witty type, although in person, I'm not as emotionally repressed as an android. Based on what you see on my blog, what do you think my type ought to be?


(According to MyPersonality.info, I can also be compared to Seven of Nine, INTP)

Related links:
Myers-Briggs Star Trek Personality Indicator (it doesn't list Data, but lists Seven of Nine who's assessed here as INTJ)

Personality Test - Discover Your Type
Which of the 16 personality types are you? This test is based on Carl Jung's theory of psychological types and the personality research of Isabel Briggs Myers and Katharine Cook Briggs. Mypersonality.info

Here's a helpful link for the advanced MBTI - Jung lover: MBTI and the 16 Types and Cognitive Functions - erictb.info

Related link:
INFJ and the ISTJ Shadow - 8/14/10 Pink Manhattan