Friday, October 08, 2010

Tova Nights ate through my sample cap

I was told a long time ago by a fragrance oil supplier that once I buy oils, I should transfer them to glass containers because over time, the plastic can leach into the oil as they are volatile to fragrance oils. I'm glad I did. I have accumulated what must be hundreds of store-acquired and hand-decanted perfume samples from various sources (department stores, niche boutiques, online decant shops such as The Perfumed Court and Fishbone, perfume buddies, etc.) but this has never happened to any of them before. My Tova Nights sample ate through the plastic cap on the sample vial and got all over the little box it was in. It's not that old, either. I don't remember where I got the Tova Nights sample - I don't think it was directly from QVC. Has this ever happened in your experience, perfumistas?