Thursday, January 06, 2011

Benefit So Hooked on Carmella



Image from skinnylatte.co.uk - Check out this site where you can see images of the other two interiors from the newest trio inspired by the Royal Crescent, a row of Georgian townhouses in Bath, England.

Benefit Crescent Row - One more time! If you remember, I went gaga over the ingenious and adorable Crescent Row packaging when the first trio launched; now, there are three additional Crescent Row scents, and this one, So Hooked on Carmella, is my favorite (the other two are The Garden Of Good And Eva (green-fruity) and Lookin' To Rock Rita (coconutty-spicy)). Sephora describes Carmella with a poem:

So Hooked On Carmella
"When it comes to Carmella, don't ask and don't tell.
A light touch has admirers, under her spell.
Her sweet sensuality, no one would guess,
so exquisite, enticing…"an intimate caress."

Notes: Lemon, Grapefruit, Rhubarb, Cyclamen, Peony, Tiare Flower, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Amber

Sephora lists it as a Fresh Citrus, a classification with which I must tactfully disagree. I've seen this scent classified on other websites as a Floral Oriental, and that's my assessment. I smell something like fruity caramel taffy with powdery-dusty sandalwood and vanilla mingling with a coconutty accord similar to one I find in both Ralph Lauren Ralph Hot and Hilary Duff With Love. This was love at first sniff and I plan to wear this funky yet somewhat grown-up, tropical woody-incensey gourmand a lot this winter.