Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Swedish Pancake Recipe from The New York Times

If you've mastered crepe-making and would like to be challenged by an alternative recipe that involves separating the yolk from the egg whites, and will have you feel glad to have gone through the extra measure, try this wonderful recipe: Recipe of the Day: Swedish Pancakes By Mark Bittman, May 23, 2008

They came out deliciously light and fluffy--a lot sweeter than my crepes but surprisingly thinner, too. I love the fact that this recipe, in which more eggs were used, didn't require any water to make the pancakes turn out airy. The New York Times had published another recipe in the past: Swedish Pancakes (Originally published with A SWEDISH COOK WHO BROUGHT HER ART TO AMERICA By Craig Claiborne, April 6, 1983), which I'm going to try next to compare with this one. I'll let you know how it goes, maybe in my upcoming book, in the section on easy peasy metro living tips. ;-)